Non-Dairy Spicy Mac and Cheese Recipe
This easy, simple mac and cheese recipe can be made as your basic mac and cheese, or spiced up into a spicy mac and cheese recipe. You’re in charge, you’re the director, so choose the actors (ingredients) you want to play the parts.
I have listed the ingredients for a creamy mac and cheese recipe, then listed optional ingredients to spice it up.
Spicy Mac and Cheese Recipe
Equipment Needed: High Speed Blender
Yield: approximately 1 1/2 – 2 cups
Ingredients for non-dairy cheese:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 red bell pepper (remove seeds and membrane)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (Read more about nutritional yeast)
- 4 tablespoons water (add 1-4 additional T if desired)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (if you don’t have these available, omit)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Others options to spice it up:
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Optional: 1 jalapeno, diced
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Note: though similar, if you prefer the cheese sauce in the Cheesy Zesty Kale Chips recipe, then by all means, use it for your Mac and Cheese.
Mac and Cheese Noodles:
- 1 zucchini, spiralized into large noodle size, then cut into small individual pieces
- If you are still in the process of being converted over to natural plant based ingredients, and have not yet been weaned off white flour pasta, or you eliminating dairy products with children and slowly getting them use to eating healthier meals, use your pasta noodles with this non-dairy cheese.
1. Combine cheese ingredients and place in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add you zucchini noodles, mix well and serve.
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.