Where No Soup Has Gone Before – Lou’s Raw Soup Recipe
I highly recommend this amazing ‘live food’ raw soup – taste great and fills you up, but that’s not all …
Health Benefits of Lou’s Raw Soup Recipe:
- Feeds the body from a cellular perspective
- Tons of nutrition, including:
– All the amino and fatty acids, probiotics, and a host of vitamins and minerals, phyto-nutrients, anti-oxidants, probiotics, and enzymes.
All of these naturally occurring within the soup!
Watch Lou Make His Soup and Why This Soup is Over-the-Top:
Lou’s Soup Recipe
Equipment Needed: High Speed blender, such as a Vitamix, Ingredients:
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup soaked almonds or sprouted almonds
- 1 Young coconut (meat & water)
- 1-4 cloves of garlic (medium, crushed or minced)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of non-dairy coconut almond yogurt (living raw food)
- 1 tablespoon barley or chickpea miso (look for the raw, organic variety if available)
- 1/3 red chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoons Liyf Essentials
- 1 Large handful cilantro (optional Parsley, Spinach or favorite green)
- 1/2 – 1 Whole, medium sized avocado
- 1/3 Red bell pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Jalapeno – to taste
- Only options that I enjoy including in the soup: celery, carrots, sprouts
Note: as you will see in the video, Lou doesn’t really measure each ingredient. For the most part, he actually uses more of ingredients than the amounts listed above, which of course yields more volume from the raw soup recipe. Based on your likes add or decrease amounts of each ingredient.
1. Place all the ingredients, except cilantro, in high-speed blender and mix. For chunky soup, mix less, for a more smooth soup blend longer. Add cilantro and quickly mix to break it up. You will see green pieces of cilantro in soup, which adds color contrast.
2. Serve at room temperature. Store in sealed glass container in refrigerator. Soup will as 3-4 days, the sooner you eat it, the better and more nutritious it will be.
3. If you enjoy soup warm, place in glass pan and heat, using finger to judge temperature. You dont want to over heat it and begin losing nutrient value … it kinda defeats the purpose of such a nutrient dense soup.
Where to find ingredients – for one stop shopping, delivered to your door step, browse my Amazon store for needed ingredients, such as seasonings, etc.
My Amazon Store – healthy alternatives in one, easy-to-shop location
If you’ve enjoyed this post, Lou’s Raw Soup, leave a comment below:
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.