I-Can’t-Eat-Just-One Kale Chips
I’ve yet to meet anyone who doesn’t like kale chips. Its usually the first thing to disappear at any gathering.
What I like about being able to make my own, is that I can spice them up, savory them down or make multiple flavors out of one batch. Kale chips are one of those comfort and delicious snacks that justify getting a dehydrator, am I right?!
Cheesy, Zesty Kale Chips Recipe
Equipment needed: Blender and dehydrator
Yield: that’s kinda hard to determine. Let’s put it this way, yield, never enough! LOL
- 2 bunches of curly kale, stripped from stem and torn into pieces
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soaked and dehydrated sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast (Read more about nutritional yeast)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (taste o see if more is desired)
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (season to desired taste)
1. To make cheesy sauce, place cashews, sunflower seeds, red pepper, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, cayenne, and water in a high-speed blender (like a Vitamix), and blend to batter-like consistency.
2. Place kale in large bowl, add cheesy mixture, and then with your hands mix well, making sure all the kale has been coated with mixture.
3. Place kale on teflex sheets and dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-12 hours, then check it. It may still need another 2-6 hours. It often will check it around the 5-6 hour mark and flip the kale over to speed up the drying process.
4. Enjoy a few before you serve them, otherwise you may miss out!
Be creative and try other ingredients added to cheesy sauce mixture, such as:
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder, or crushed garlic
- Chili Chipotle powder
- Creole Cajun powder
- Or go more savory, with basil, oregano, dill, etc
Where to find ingredients – for one stop shopping, delivered to your door step, browse my Amazon store for needed ingredients, such as nutritional yeast, dehydrators, various powders, seasonings, etc.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, Cheesy, Zesty Kale Chips, leave a comment below:
Information and material found on this website is for informational purposes only, and not intended to provide medical advice, nor should it be construed as such. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information provided on this site for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information available on this site is for general informational, entertainment and educational purposes only. Products, or information, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, beginning any diet program or exercise program, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. The author of this site is not responsible for any adverse effects that may occur from the application of the information on this site and encourages you to make your own healthcare decisions, based on your own research and in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.